Change of Animal Ownership
Online ($10.00 fee applies)
PLEASE NOTE: We offer a discounted transfer rate of $10.00 when the transfer of ownership is done online.
Paper Form ($15.00 fee applies)
Alternatively, you can download a copy of the Change of Ownership form HERE Once completed this form requires to be printed and signed by both previous and new owner/s before being sent back to Central Animal Records for processing. If the previous owner/s has not signed this form, the transfer could take up to 23 days as we are legally required to contact the previous owner/s for consent to transfer ownership. If submitting a paper form, a payment of $15.00 including GST must accompany all documents requesting an ownership change. Changes will not be processed until payment is received and cleared along with the appropriate documentation.
A Guide To Online Ownership Transfers - Download
Create an Account:
1. Go to www.car.com.au
2. Click on 'Create Account'
3. Alternatively, if you already have an account, click 'Login'
Change of Ownership:
1. Sign in with your email and password if you haven't already.
2. Click on 'Add New Pet'
3. Enter the microchip number (at the top of the page) and click on search
4. Check the 'Animal Description' then click 'Confirm'
5. Enter your details and then click 'Proceed to Summary'
6. Check that all pet details and new owner details are correct
7. Click on 'Agree & Submit' when satisfied that all the details are correct
8. Fill out all payment details and then click on 'Pay Now'
9. Once the payment has completed, the following message should appear
10. A certificate will be emailed once the transfer has been approved.
Note: Current listed owner will have up to 21 days to approve or decline your request. If there is no response, the transfer will automatically complete.