Transfer Microchip Ownership Online Today!
Online ($10.00 fee applies)
PLEASE NOTE: We offer a discounted transfer rate of $10.00 when the transfer of ownership is done online.
Paper Form ($15.00 fee applies)
Alternatively, you can download a copy of the Change of Ownership form - DOWNLOAD (Standard Form)
- DOWNLOAD (Digital Form)
Once completed this form requires to be printed and signed by both previous and new owner/s before being sent back to Central Animal Records for processing. If the previous owner/s has not signed this form, the transfer could take up to 23 days as we are legally required to contact the previous owner/s for consent to transfer ownership. If submitting a paper form, a payment of $15.00 including GST must accompany all documents requesting an ownership change. Changes will not be processed until payment is received and cleared along with the appropriate documentation.
A Guide To Online Ownership Transfers - Download
Don't Have An Online Account?
1. Go to www.car.com.au
2. Click on 'Create Account'
2. Select ‘Pet Owner’ access and click next
3. Next page will have your name auto filled as the name you entered when creating the login.
4. Enter the microchip number and your mobile number.
5. Once submitted, the system will check based on name and mobile number, if you are the listed owner.
If you are already the listed owner on the C.A.R database, it will prompt you to enter the 'one time password' that was sent to your mobile on our file.
If you are not the listed owner, you will be directed to submit a change of ownership request. Follow the steps outlined below.
6. Enter the microchip number and click on Search.
7. Check the Animal Description then click on Confirm
8. Enter your details then click on Proceed to Summary
9. Check that all pet details and new owner details are correct
10. Click on Agree & Submit when satisfied that all details are correct
11. Fill out all payment details then click on Pay Now
12. Once the payment has completed, the following message should appear
13.The ownership transfer process is now started and the ownership transfer will complete only after the current listed owner has approved the transfer request. This process can take up to 21 days.
14. A Certificate will be emailed to you once the transfer has been approved.
Already Have An Online Account?
1. Sign in with your email and password if you haven't already.
2. Click on 'Add New Pet'
3. Enter the microchip number (at the top of the page) and click on search
4. Check the 'Animal Description' then click 'Confirm'
5. Enter your details and then click 'Proceed to Summary'
6. Check that all pet details and new owner details are correct
7. Click on 'Agree & Submit' when satisfied that all the details are correct
8. Fill out all payment details and then click on 'Pay Now'
9. Once the payment has completed, the following message should appear
10. A certificate will be emailed once the transfer has been approved.
11.The ownership transfer process is now started and the ownership transfer will complete only after the current listed owner has approved the transfer request. This process can take up to 21 days.
12. A Certificate will be emailed to you once the transfer has been approved.
Note: Current listed owner will have up to 21 days to approve or decline your request. If there is no response, the transfer will automatically complete.