FAQ - For Welfare Groups & Rescues
Q1. Our council has confirmed that we are authorised to access the CAR database to conduct microchip searches for strays and microchip verifications, how do we get online access?
Answer: Access will be granted at an individual level for online access. Any authorised staff member requesting access will need to follow the steps below.
- Go to 'Create Account' on the homepage.
- Enter your details.
- Click the link in the confirmation email to verify the email address used.
- When given the option to choose your access level, select 'Authorised User' and then enter all of the required details
- We will then send you an email with an application form.
- Your will be required to submit the application form as well as an 84y agreement with your council (If you are in Victoria) OR a letter from a council advising that they give you authorisation to access the database. (if you are outside of Victoria)
- We will then process your application. (Allow 1-3 business days)